Wednesday, April 29, 2009

What a night. Friday night was the 'Trina Awards' which is like the Oscar Awards at the school and the Prefects surveyed the school for the results. They had a big cerimony and showed a few videos and somethings were really funny and other things they said about people were horrible. The dance afterwards was also alot of fun but it was a late night. Finally some warmer weather! The weekend was just about perfect with it reaching 27 degrees on Saturday (the day I had my Track meet.) and then a bit cooler on Sunday with 14 degrees. My Track coach pulled out the 50+ Sunscreen and was applying it regularly while I laughed at the thought of getting burnt in Canada. But I was wrong, I managed to regain my normal skin colour after loosing it due to the cold weather and my shoulders went a bit red. So Saturday I spent sitting around at York University Track and Field Centre relaxing in the sun, ohh and racing. I managed to come 57th out of 70 in the Junior Girls 100m Sprints which is pretty good considering I'm not really a sprinter, I would have come close to last in the High Jump because I was versing Senior Girls and one other Junior Girl in the Open Womens. I didn't make is over 140cm because I had not had enough practise and the girl who won managed to jump 168cm. In the 1x400m Senior Girls relay we ended up coming 3rd in our Heat. Over all we did fairlly well considering it was against the Public Schools which according to others on the team are alot better than those at the Private Schools. Sunday I took the Shopping Bus to Toronoto and then did some shopping in a big shopping centre. Although I couldn't do too much because I had no money and could not withdraw anymore because my card doesn't like to work with the Canadian's ATM's, but I managed. This week is a normal busy, fun filled week with the School's 144th Birthday on Friday, which should be alot of fun. I'm not sure what we have planned for this weekend, but I'm sure it will be fun all the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment