Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Victoria Weekend, what an adventure. Beginning early at 6:45am we were on the bus heading off to York University for the annual CISSA Senior Track and Field meet. We were caught in traffic early on so we ended up being 15minutes late, which was not a good start considering myself and another boy had an event at 9am and it was now 9:15am. The driver had no idea where or what she was doing and drove us into the wrong car park. One of the coaches and myself jumped out of the bus and ran over to the track where he had to jump the fence, and this was latter called my warm up for my first event which was the 300m Hurdles. I made it to the final because there was only seven of us that had shown up to the race. The race was quick and seings as it was my first time, it was raining and frezzing cold, I hadn't warmed up I was happy with my result of 7th over all in the final. Later that day I also raced in the 200m which I finished in 3rd in my heat and 10th overall. Once the day was finished I collected my stuff and went with the Track and Field coach to the York Mills station to meet Savannah and Georgie for the Victoria Long weekend. The coach to dropped myself and this other boy from the team off at the York Mills Subway Station were we could meet with the students that had caught the bus from school.

Here are some pictures from the CISSA meet, try and find me.

Junior Girls 100m Sprints.

Junior Girls 300m Hurdles.

Junior Girls 200m Sprints.

No comments:

Post a Comment