Tuesday, May 19, 2009

We arrived at around 2:30pm and waited.. The boy I was with had to catch a subway to the Trainstation so he could catch his train to Montreal, but the coach had told him to wait to make sure I was okay. We sat there and waited and then it was 3:45pm and David had to go because he had to get to the Trainstation by 4:30pm to get his train, he said the bus shouldn't be too much longer, so I was left by myself. I sat and waited, and waited and waited, and because I knew it was starting to get late, I knew something was wrong. I asked a man what the time was and he said it was 4:30pm, I also asked him where I could get wireless internet and he said in the city. Finally I had had enough of waiting and I knew something was wrong so I asked him where I could get a bus back to Port Hope. He kindly directed me across the street to a Transit company station called Go. I wander around trying to figure out how I was going to get back to Port Hope and then finally I went to purchase a ticket. They told me there were no buses that went past Oshawa, and then one of the drives had seen the look on my face and knew something was up. I told him the whole story and he went to get his phone so I was able to call Dr Hodges to let him know. The driver held up the bus because he said he wasn't leaving until he knew I had a way back and that everything was going to be okay. The lady's in the shop also reasured me that everything was going to be okay and that I was in a safe place. I got a hold of Dr Hodges luckily and told him the brief story, he was quite shocked at first and didn't really understand what was wrong or how we were going to fix it, because I had no phone for him to call me back on and although I had his number I did not have a phone to contact him on. We eventually decided that the easiest way and the quickest way back was to take the bus back to Whitby which is about a half hour drive from Port Hope. By that time it was 5:30pm, the drivers all made sure I was okay because obviously they could tell from my accent that I was a forgiener. I arrived at the Whitby Go station at about 6:45pm which worked well because Dr Hodges had just arrived, I explained him the whole situation of how I was suppost to meet up with Savannah and Georgie and then go to her cousin's house, and he said that we had needed to have been dropped off at Yorkdale which is around the corner from York Mills and that explained why no TCS students had shown up. Then he told me that he had arranged new plans for me to stay at the Pollard's house whose son is currently on exchange at Pembroke in Adelaide. They are such a nice family and I am very greatful for their hospitality, and I am also very greatful for the GO bus company and all their help because if it weren't for them I could have been sleeping on a park bench all weekend. I managed to get in contact with Savannah and Georgie as they had been worried where I was and what was going on because I had been unable to contact them to tell them that I was stuck. But I spoke to them and told them that everything was okay and that I wouldn't be joining them this break and they were so relieved that everything was okay. Luckily I had kept Dr Hodges number from when we did the Ski Trip and I had left the card he gave us in my wallet and also before I left I got Mrs Hamilton's number so either way I would have had some to contact and let them know something was wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment